About one year after the first public release of , version 0.3.0 is finally here.
Development was a bit slow during summer, but speeded up nicely the last couple of months.
0.3.0 is now available as a tarball. Packages for various distros will follow.
This release fixes a few nasty bugs preventing people to use sftp, and a great number of smaller fixes to the behaviour towards certain ftp servers. A cache is now enabled for remote file lists. This should speed up browsing remote sites back and forth.
A major change in this release is the ssh/sftp implementation. now uses openSSH, and
this means is much less CPU intensive when doing sftp transfers. This change also introduces the first C library in . To communicate with the sftp subsystem makes use of a library based on pty-sharp.
If built with support for Gnome Keyring (requires gnome-kering-sharp) can now optionally
store bookmark passwords in the default Gnome Keyring.
- New ssh implementation using local openssh
- Optional password storage in Gnome Keyring
- Bookmark backup/restore
- Remember scroll position when going to parent directory
- Possibility to do multiple ftp transfers simultaneously
- Enable remote directory listing cache
- Resizeable column widths in file views
- Transfer progress displayed in window title when minimized
- Auto reconnect on ftp session timeout
- Better GUI responsiveness
- More keybindings (actually working this time)
- Some GUI improvements for better appearence on some themes
- New translations: Polish
now depends on gnome-keyring-sharp by default. It can still be built without this dependency by using